Ben's Gaming World

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Forever gaming

Wow, my gaming life has not allowed me the time I should to post on this blog and for that I am sorry. Things have been pretty interesting for me in the last couple weeks though and it looks like I am going to be getting a new DnD group together this weekend. Of course, I have the be the dungeon master for the group, but I am used to it. Most of the folks have played before, but it has been a long time for all of them so I am curious to see how things go.

I don't want to clue in any on what is going to happen in the game, but I am setting it in Waterdeep of the Forgotten Realms and will be adventuring that area of the game world. We may expand a little, depending on how I feel about the group but I have a great initial story line started for them and only time will tell how exactly this will go.

For WoW, things haven't been as good lately. The guild I started has been rather dwindling as the numbers continue to drop as folks flock to the larger guilds. This sucks for those few who have been loyal to the guild. I am hoping to influence them some with the introduction of a Ventrillo voice server and really am hoping to have that up and running by Saturday of this week. I need to redo the website for the guild as the first one was rediculously poor. I just haven't have the real motivation to take on a project like that.

I have had a couple of surprising Warhammer games, most recently I played a gent at 2150 points with my chaos beastmen of Nurgle versus his mortal chaos worshippers of Khorne. This was definately one of the toughest games I have one, as really the mortal armies of chaos seem to always have the advantage against my beasts. Still, I was able to pull off some amazingly lucky charges and tactical moves that really kept me in the game, and even just squeeked out a victory in the end when I finally broke his chosen knights with his chaos lord. It was a beautiful day to run them down.

Keep gaming folks,

Ben