Ben's Gaming World

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

Not that I want to change the content of this blog or where it is going, but with this tragedy fresh in our minds and hearts I wanted to touch on it and give out a message of my whole hearted compassion regarding it. I held off till now just so I can fully get an idea of what happened, and try to find and hear the reasons why. If you have the ability, please donate money, time, blood, whatever you can to those people that have had their lives ruined. I personally know how hard it can be after having just a house fire and having to sift through the reckage. What would it be like to have your home, nieghbors, job, and entire city wiped out?

With the message of compassion also comes the whys, and I would ask that the country not turn a blind eye to the failures of the federal goverment. I would directly point the finger at George Bush, our president, who has failed once again to lead. If anything, his inability to coordinate and oversee that a job is done and followed through with is embarrassing and if it wasn't for this horrid tragedy the world, and most of us, would be laughing at his bumbling. Honestly, a whole city and large parts of a state are wiped out and there isn't military personal brought in to maintain order and help. Whether it is the guard, army, whatever it doesn't matter. There should have been something there and deployed within the first few hours. What if this would have been a nuclear blast or something else? Could we have reacted? From Bush's constant failure's as leader I would say no.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to me rant once again.