Ben's Gaming World

Saturday, June 17, 2006

On a GenCon kick

Wow, another day, another post. Well, I wanted to show someone what my fiancee looks like the other day, but didn't have a single picture. That just wasn't cool. So now, I went through my photos and about the only really good picture of her was this one by the giant dice at GenCon. Well, if you have to have gaming pictures, then at least they are from the biggest gaming con in the country.



Now, if I could just get there this year...Oh well. Today I get my hair cut, and not looking real forward to that. It is about time though. There have been enough years where I have pretended to be the rebel that I am not. We will see how that goes though. Maybe my dice will be luckier then the ones and twos they seem to always role when I have less hair. If only life (and dice) were so simple.

By the way, I had been working on some Undermountain encounters to add to the campaign I am running. This first one involves using a very similar merchant character to the one in Resident Evil 4 who can offer the PC many valuables for a low rate, and hangs out in the shadows only stepping out when the PCs are overloaded with loot or in dire need of healing potions and such. This way they can avoid the need to return to the surface for longer periods (which seems to disrupt game play in my experience). Just one of many new ideas that I have had....I will post more in the future.