Ben's Gaming World

Monday, June 19, 2006

Big Day tomorrow

Well, tomorrow is a big day for me. I have my interview for an IT position at one of the biggest and best datacenter's in Madison. I am really excited and hope it goes well. Still, I have been pushing it pretty hard the last few days with everything going on lately and am starting to feel a touch burnt out. That means it will be extra important that I get a good night's sleep tonight.

With that said, I ordered a DVD burner from newegg.com today for my HTPC and I am looking forward to getting it sometime this week. It was a great deal on their weekend deals and will be a great addition. The DVD player that is in my cheap Phillips surround sound system seems to lag sometimes when replaying movies and causes a scene to get digitized. This should really help that. Especially since I am going to replace the receiver in the future with something better (eventually replacing the whole entertainment system).

For an undermountain room, how about this for an idea? A roving duerger trading caravan. Exploit the PCs some with a great wheeling and dealing role play encounter. This sounds like a great idea since the shadowy merchant will quickly be found to be a basic vender by the PCs. Through in a bit of a unique accent as you speak as the dwarfs, maybe a whisper.