Ben's Gaming World

Monday, February 25, 2008

Long time away

When it comes to posting on this thing, I admit that it hasn't been on a high priority. However, I came upon something new that I am doing for miniature games and it is really driving my motivation to finish models. It isn't complicated, but certainly takes a little extra work. Basically, I am using a spreadsheet to manage my collection of figures for the army that I am currently painting. I included the dollar values of each of the miniatures (or units) as well as how many models in each, how many are finished in each, and then have the sheet calculate out total value, percentage completed, and other tidbits. I really can see progress with what I am working on. Hard numbers. While it doesn't really make a difference as you can obviously see the difference visually on the army. However, it makes me feel great when I chalk a modem or two off the list and see the percentage complete grow.

As you may know, I started playing Hordes by Privateer Press a while back. My chosen faction is Circle, and it has really been an upwards struggle for me to get myself around this army. Currently 24% complete painted and a horrid win/loss ratio that I have to work on.