Ben's Gaming World

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Gaming recently

Just recently started putting together stuff for a Dungeon's and Dragons group and started collecting players. I don't know when I am going to get it to start. I am setting it in the Dalelands of the Realms, an area and a bit of a setting that I haven't used much in the past. It would appear that many of the group have never gamed under me before, so I am not much in doubt that there will be some new and interesting things that will happen.

Otherwise, I have moved and have been here in Madison now for about 2 months and really have had less gaming. Of course, at the beginning of July I was married to my wife (who I think I have a picture of elsewhere on this blog next to the giant dice). She is great and kind to me, though she seems to be more of a retired gamer then a gamer anymore. Of course, the joy of new marriage was shortly interrupted by the passing of my grandfather, which put a damper on things. I have not had a good gaming month in July, but still managed to pull of several games of Warhammer and managed to pull the top seed in the WWHFB - Madison region.

Game recommendation of the month - Cinaplexity. This game is great. I played it the other day at the Grumbling Dwarf Meet and Greet at Pegasus games here in Madison and it was a ton of fun. While I am not a huge movie buff, it was easy and would be great for playing at any kind of social gathering. It is the kind of game you can play after a few drinks, or with the family and simple enough that the rules are picked up by everyone in just a few minutes.